2023 ROC Association Election
Nominations have closed for the Mountain West Region Director seat. Candidate profiles will be posted soon.
We have everything you need to know about this year’s election: a Director’s job description, the election calendar, and more.
What is the ROC Association?
The ROC Association is a community-leader led movement. Membership is free and automatic to all of the more than 300 communities that are (or have been) supported by a ROC USA Network affiliate.
ROCs elect community leaders to represent their region on the ROC USA Board of Directors, helping ensure ROCs and ROC leaders are involved in the governance of ROC USA as a non-profit social venture. One ROC Association Director is elected from each of three regions and serves a three-year term.
ROC Association Directors call on Congress to make the infrastructure in Resident Owned Communities safe and resilient
ROC Association News
CONCORD, N.H. – Nominations are open for anyone interested in becoming the next Mountain West Region Director for the ROC Association. John Egan, the current Mountain West Director, said he will not be seeking re-election. In the fall,
The ROC Association Directors are elected by Resident Owned Communities in their region. Directors serve three-year terms (for a maximum of two terms). In addition to running the ROC Association, the Directors also serve on the ROC USA Board of Directors.
MOUNTAIN WEST REGION
John is Past President at Animas View Cooperative, a 120-home Resident Owned Community in Durango, Colorado.
Email John at:
NEW ENGLAND REGION
Deborah is the Past President at Halifax Estates, a 430-home Resident Owned Community in Halifax, Massachusetts.
Email Deb at:
EAST, MIDWEST & SOUTH REGION
Marjory is the Board President at Madelia Mobile Village Cooperative, a 67-home Resident Owned Community in Madelia, Minnesota.
Email Marjory at:
The ROC Association is looking at this as a new challenge to revitalize that sense of ownership and pride. I think we are heading in a new and right direction.
Find out which ROC Association region your ROC is in!
Outreach & Education Committee
ROC Association Outreach & Education Committee members are trained public speakers available to speak to a wide variety of audiences. Please complete the form below to request an O&E speaker.
- ROC Association Benefits: O&E Committee members can present about the ROC Association and its benefits.
- Pre-Purchase Support: O&E Committee members are advocates of resident ownership and can share their experiences to resident groups considering purchase.
- Post-Purchase Support: Does your ROC need guidance with a specific topic, such as recruiting new Board Members or conflict resolution? Request an O&E Committee member to your next meeting for guidance!
- Events: Invite an O&E Committee member to speak at your annual meeting, anniversary party, or any other community celebration!
- Workshops: O&E Committee members have presented at regional conferences and on national cooperative webinars.
Better Together Calls
To request access to the Better Together monthly calls, please complete the form below.
Interested in joining an existing committee?
Have an thought or idea you'd like to share with a ROC Association Director?
Get in touch!